Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Game Galaxy

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Nashvillan
Admin

Game Galaxy
on 9/19/2009 4:04:33 AM
I have been slowly filling in details about arcade machines at this location. Seems like every time I visit there, I find some machines I forgot to add.
Thankfully, the owner (I think it's the owner... the other people in the video seem to be treating him as such... especially not even worried about him filming the place) posted a video on youtube of a walkthrough of the entire arcade. This has helped me alot.

Perhaps you guys can help me figure out what kind of cabinets I should be classifying some of these games as. He has some Japanese imports (complete with the 100 yen price tag for playing it) which I'm not familiar with. There is one particular Japanese cabinet that has an unfamiliar title to it. The marquee is in Japanese and I cannot make out what the name of the game is. It is at the 4:55 mark of the youtube video he posted. Any of you know what this is?
The website is www.gamegalaxyarcade.com

EDIT: You can find the youtube clip here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdUYl2-GikQ

DOUBLE EDIT: Nevermind, I finally figured it out. The title of the game is "Akatsuki Blitzkampf Ausf. Achse". A 2-D fighting game originally released in Japan in 2008.

graham8bit
Official

RE: Game Galaxy
on 9/19/2009 8:03:15 AM
This is one excellent arcade. Definitely tournament material. I hope to visit this place soon, it had an excellent variety it seems of classic and modern, without too much emphasis on one genre or another -- for example, the Dave & Busters in NYC has mostly modern gun and racing games.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 9/19/2009 9:28:55 AM
It also has quite a few machines that currently are not at any of the other arcades in our database. Hopefully as time goes on, that will change as we fill in the details. Bear in mind also, the classic cabinets are for sale.
They are talking about opening a new branch in the Rivergate Mall later this year.

This is also one of the four arcades featured in Stride Gum's "Save the arcade" promotion, however, they are currently in distant last place in the standings.

EDIT: Ok I have completed the entire list at Game Galaxy. At least until they get new product again.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 3/4/2010 3:56:10 AM
I found a link to a video on youtube someone posted. The video is a tour of the Game Galaxy Arcade in Rivergate Mall.

Nashvillan
Admin

Game Galaxy (new home?)
on 3/25/2010 12:30:58 AM
The latest with Game Galaxy at the Rivergate Mall
They have until next Monday to vacate the mall to make room for Incredible Daves. They are having trouble finding a new location.
On a more positive note, they did buy some of Retro's closeout inventory when that arcade shut down on March 1st to further expand Game Galaxy's arcade selections.
Hopefully Nashville's last arcade can stay afloat!

Nashvillan
Admin

Game Galaxy contest
on 8/25/2010 10:28:04 PM
Game Galaxy is running a contest to see who can score the highest on the video game Mikie. I do not know for how long the contest runs. The winner gets a $30 gift certificate.

Here's a link for more information about the game.

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8696
You must be present at that arcade and register with management to be eligible for the $30 prize.

Happy gaming!

Nashvillan
Admin

Game Galaxy relocating
on 6/24/2012 5:20:15 PM
Game Galaxy is officially being kicked out of the mall due to the mall shutting its doors for good. Here is a link to a local news story about it. Yes, the reporter mispronounced the name of the business. Right now they are looking at two locations to conduct business as a result. They worked out a deal with a mall in Huntsville and they're looking at an abandoned Best Buy store for another.

http://www.newschannel5.com/category/125220/video-landing-page?clipId=7430207&topVideoCatNo=85299&autoStart=true

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Game Galaxy (reopen)
on 7/21/2012 10:43:49 AM
Game Galaxy arcade has officially reopened the main arcade inside the Madison Square Mall in Huntsville, Alabama. The retro museum will likely be located here as well.

The branch location that was in Rivergate/Hendersonville a couple of years ago is now being reopened in an abandoned storefront in Antioch just down the street from the defunct mall. Once again, I get to resurrect a location from archives! :D

Lonnie

on 7/21/2012 10:50:25 PM
Sweet

Nashvillan
Admin

on 8/19/2012 3:31:03 AM
The branch location in Antioch TN is now officially open for business!

This location mainly consists of pinball machines, Japanese candy cabinets, and some console boxes for tournament play. There are rumors floating around that this location also has a dedicated Joust machine...

The main arcade is located in Huntsville, Alabama as is the retro arcade museum which is open on the last Saturday of every month. Patrons will pay a flat fee and have freeplay throughout the museum for the entire day.

I will hopefully have a complete list up and running soon!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 9/29/2012 4:10:03 AM
I finally got around to updating the game listing for all Game Galaxy locations! Check em out!
It is also worth noting that the Antioch location now operates solely on passes and setting most of the machines on freeplay. Some pinball machines still operate on quarters (or dollars!)

Nashvillan
Admin

on 2/13/2013 2:24:14 AM
Game Galaxy has announced they will be opening a 3rd location in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. More details to follow! :)

Game on!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 3/12/2013 12:09:15 AM
Game Galaxy main branch is officially relocating to a smaller facility. soon.
There was an issue with the power outlets at the existing location which made it tough to run an arcade.

Some games may be put up for sale to help with the move. More details to follow.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 3/17/2013 8:49:48 PM
Some games have come up for sale. Here's a list.

Game Galaxy Arcade

Pinball and Arcade Games for sale:
Goldeneye Pinball-$2195 (Chattanooga Location)
Flintstones Pinball-$2695
Street Fighter II Pinball-$1495 (Chattanooga Location)
NFL Blitz 2000 Gold with new Hard Drive (2 player panel)-$375
Jojo's Venture-$500
Taxi Pinball-$1995 (Has new ramps included but not installed)
Nintendo PlayChoice Single Monitor style with 3 games-$750
Road Show Pinball-$2695
Rocky and Bullwinkle (Has new ramp installed)-$2195

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Game Galaxy Retro Musium
on 4/12/2013 7:56:54 AM
The Game Galaxy Retro Museum is now updated with the current lineup. The museum is open on the last Saturday of every month at the Game Galaxy in Huntsville, AL. Pay a flat rate, and all the games are set to freeplay. You get a discount if you also pay a flat rate to get into the main arcade there as well. Play all your favorite hard to find games, discover some new classic games, all under one roof with no quarters needed.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 7/29/2013 11:55:12 PM
Games for sale:

For Sale List:
After Burner (playing blind)-$150
Midway 25 inch Golden Tee 97 cabinet (game works, monitor needs flyback)-$85
NFL Blitz 99 4 player (game works, controls are having issues)-$400
Chase HQ (game works, monitor needs to be rejuvenated) -$165
NFL Blitz 2000 Gold/NBA Showtime Double (works 100%)-$900
Meteor Pinball-$400 (playable but coils aren't firing on some stuff, not sure what is wrong, have not looked)

If you're interested, it will be up to you to work out logistics of how to pick it up.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 8/1/2017 2:42:07 PM
It's been four years since I have posted to this thread, but I wanted to announce that Game Galaxy has closed their main location and moved most of their inventory to their location in Smyrna, TN.  The thing is, not much from the Smyrna location was removed to make room for the games, so, effectively, two locations have merged into one!

This means the Game Galaxy in Smyrna now advertises about 375 arcade and pinball machines under one roof.  Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.  Smyrna is just outside Nashville, TN.  You pay a nominal fee at the door and most of the games are set to freeplay.  There are still a couple that take quarters and dollars.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Game Galaxy

Recent Scores
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez