Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot  It was all a joke???

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
ACAM
ACAM Admin

It was all a joke???
on 6/11/2012 3:51:18 PM
The entire topic of game lists being leaked to players before the tournament is 100% false. It came to my attention over the weekend that this accusation was a “joke” being perpetuated by a few people and this “joke” got out of control causing animosity amongst players and challenging the integrity of our event. The “joke” has spread outside of this forum and has created unjustified ill will. Let me make it perfectly clear: no player is provided a list of the tournament games prior to the tournament. One of the people inside this “joke” has already come in and apologized to me for this entire mess getting out of control.

A few weeks prior to the tournament each year, a group of local players come and play every classic game on the third floor and make a list of problems they find and submit it to Funspot’s technicians for repair. This has been happening for at least 10 years and is no secret. The games they play and “test” are the same games available to the general public. They are neither provided a list of tournament games nor are they provided access to games stored away for the tournament. If you saw players with a list in hand, it was the list they were compiling of games on the floor that needed attention. This is done to provide the best possible experience for our visitors during the tournament. If anyone had questions at the tournament about this “list” you only needed to ask and I would have gladly told you.

Gary

moneill139

RE: It was all a joke???
on 6/11/2012 4:20:24 PM
Ill verify this

moneill139

on 6/11/2012 4:23:06 PM
It was all a joke as I posted twice in my forum postings which seemed to be overlooked

lakeman421

on 6/11/2012 7:21:58 PM
Thanks for clearing this up Gary. You do a great job at ACAM, and I appreciate everything you do for us. ACAM is the reason why I keep coming back to Funspot along with the hard work that you, Randy, Bob, and the rest of the staff put into keeping classic games in great condition. It is a shame that this got out of hand and that your hard work was overlooked because of it. I look forward to seeing you around ACAM and keep up the great work.

-Robbie

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot  It was all a joke???

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
James White
4/22/2024