Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Nashville Flooding

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
YepItsDuo

Nashville Flooding
on 5/3/2010 2:59:57 PM
Dang. Serious stuff.

For those of you outside of TN, Nashville got slammed by extreme flooding these past few days.

Wondering if any TN peeps reading this are doin alright. I live in Robertson County, so I'm doing good.

I'm not a flooding expert but I've been eyeing Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills for awhile. Almost safe to say that the game room in Opryland Hotel is completely destroyed since its pretty much on an underground floor.

Not looking good for Nashville Dave & Busters either... heck... the whole freakin mall isn't looking good considering both that and the hotel is pretty much right next to the Cumberland River. Here's a couple of vids I was able to find...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjcBBcjAZY

http://www.wsmv.com/video/23435320/index.html

I'm assuming you guys @ Game Galaxy in Antioch are doing fine since the GG site was updated about an upcoming tourney.

But in all seriousness, let's keep our thoughts and prayers to the thousands of Nashvillians affected by the flooding.

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Nashville Flooding
on 5/3/2010 3:33:21 PM
I was going to post something about this but you beat me to it.

Yes, Cascades Arcade in the Opryland Hotel is totally underwater now. Likely that all games in there were destroyed or severely damaged. Dave n Busters probably saw similar damage but on a much smaller scale.

Another arcade in jeopardy is Snookers. That was near I24 and Bell Road where there is footage of a portable classroom ripping to shreds through the current. That place may also have damage as well.

Game Galaxy? No problem. Their arcade is on the 2nd floor of the mall and the mall itself is well uphill of I-24. If anything the water that flows past the mall ends up near Snookers.

Grand Ole Golf might have experienced some minor damage, but I don't think it got into the game room.
Chuck E Cheese in Antioch definitely is in a low lying area. They might have gotten some damage.
Franklin Family Entertainment Center is also in a low lying area and they certainly got some water damage.
Bleachers Bar got water damage.
A-1 Sportsplex may have gotten some damage, but not sure. Laser Chase is on the upper level so no damage there.
Pizza Perfect (Laser Chaos) in Bellevue may have barely escaped the flooding. I saw footage of a nearby intersection that was totally underwater.

That's what I know so far. Yes, we lost quite a few arcade cabinets this weekend.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/4/2010 1:01:40 AM
I found a photo of the entrance to Dave n Busters today. The water level was more than halfway up the doorway. There's no question now the arcade games are all damaged or destroyed.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 6/7/2010 1:04:19 AM
The Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center is slated to reopen on November 15th, just in time for "A Country Christmas" which is always a big deal in Nashville that time of year. When that happens, I'll keep my eyes open to see if the arcade was rebuilt or not.

Also, the Opry Mills mall (where Dave and Busters is located) is still closed for renovations. It is still unknown when they will reopen, but it may be sooner than November.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 9/8/2010 10:33:14 AM
The press release from Opry Mills mall says they're getting close to finishing but would not give a specific date of reopening. The hotel next door is slated to reopen according to my previous post here. Since the water level got halfway up the door at Dave and Busters, there's no question the water level reached about a foot up on all the games. It would certainly make sense for the games to be replaced rather than cleaned up.
The entire mall is certainly motivated to finish before the launch of the Christmas shopping season.

That's what we know so far. Expect most of the games to be replaced.

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Nashville Flooding (disturbing news)
on 9/21/2010 1:17:15 AM
I have received word that the Opry Mills mall will for the most part remain closed through August of 2011. The money needed to complete the renovations has run out and the mall is suing the insurance companies to recover the remaining amount owed. As it stands, only the anchor store (Bass Pro Shops) will open in October (they have begun soft openings already). There's no telling when the rest of the mall will reopen. This means Dave and Busters could remain closed for a long long time. :(
On a happier note, the Opryland Hotel and Convention Center is nearing completion of their renovations and have begun rehiring whole new staff. I keep hearing November 15th as the big buzz word so I am leaning toward that date as the official reopening. At that time, I'll investigate to see what kind of game room they have. It might be interesting to see how they handle it with Dave and Busters still down for about another year and the only other decent game room in the immediate area is in Grand Ole Golf and those games are not very well maintained.

That's the latest.

YepItsDuo

on 11/15/2010 5:31:16 PM
I've been told that Opryland Hotel has officially reopened, so if anyone wants to check it out.......

Nashvillan
Admin

on 11/16/2010 1:11:17 AM
Joyous news throughout Nashville, TN.

Yes, the Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center is back open.

The mall next door is still closed and is likely to remain closed for another year. This means Dave n Busters may not return for a long long time.

I'll see if what arcade they have if at all.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 11/19/2010 2:30:04 AM
I have visited the Gaylord Opryland hotel, and am pleased to report the arcade in the Cascades arboretum is back in business. It looks like they were not only able to restore some of the preexisting arcade games but also bring in some all new games as well. This is quite a feat considering the entire arcade was totally underwater back in May 2010.

The entire game room looks and smells brand new.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 4/13/2011 7:31:15 AM
It has been nearly one year since Nashville was devastated by flooding.

I have heard that Opry Mills mall has finally reached an agreement to rebuild the mall that was severely damaged by the flood. Most of the mall tenants have gladly signed back up saying they are proud to be a part of the Opry Mills Mall. This includes the major anchor tenants like Rainforest Cafe, Regal IMAX, and Dave & Busters. Bass Pro Shop has already been reopened as of November 2010. The rest of the mall is scheduled to reopen around March of 2012.

2012!? (sigh) :(
The local Dave & Busters will remain down for a while.... :(

YepItsDuo

on 4/17/2011 10:16:02 PM
Well that bites.

I heard ID's won't be open until early June if they're lucky. I was at Rivergate the other day and took a peek. Nice paint job, but obviously that doesn't say anything if they're not bloody open.

There is a nice windfall from all this. I've been told a 2nd Game Galaxy is in the works. From Jason in the Shoryuken forums... For any of you that want to know, 2nd location of Game Galaxy opening up in Madison, TN (near Rivergate Mall) June 1 and (SSFIV) Arcade Edition on linked HD cabinets WILL be there

If anyone knows the address to the above place, I would really appreciate it.

YepItsDuo

on 7/27/2011 3:33:38 AM
Some Nashville arcade gaming news that will involve almost everybody in the area; for better or worse.

1) http://www.aurcade.com/locations/view.aspx?id=726 This location is closed until September due to moving.

2) http://www.rivergate-mall.com/shop/rivergate.nsf/index According to here, Incredible Daves is finally opening on August 1st, this time for sure, I hope.

Some Facebook posts revealed some of the non-redemption games. A photo someone took on the day five semis full of games arriving less than two weeks ago, despite it's blurryness I identified three games: Terminator Salvation, Razing Storm [Deluxe Cab], and Daytona USA 2 [2 Linked Standard cabs] in the back. Also, on a Facebook reply made by the company from someone's post , they have Pump Ii Up NX and DDR X2.

3) There's a chance Dave and Busters could reopen as early as October along with the nearby movie theater and a couple of anchor tenants. (Not the whole Mills mall)

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Nashville Flooding (15 months later)
on 7/27/2011 6:32:20 AM
YepItsDuo Wrote:
Some Nashville arcade gaming news that will involve almost everybody in the area; for better or worse.

1) http://www.aurcade.com/locations/view.aspx?id=726 This location is closed until September due to moving.

2) http://www.rivergate-mall.com/shop/rivergate.nsf/index According to here, Incredible Daves is finally opening on August 1st, this time for sure, I hope.

Some Facebook posts revealed some of the non-redemption games. A photo someone took on the day five semis full of games arriving less than two weeks ago, despite it's blurryness I identified three games: Terminator Salvation, Razing Storm [Deluxe Cab], and Daytona USA 2 [2 Linked Standard cabs] in the back. Also, on a Facebook reply made by the company from someone's post , they have Pump Ii Up NX and DDR X2.

3) There's a chance Dave and Busters could reopen as early as October along with the nearby movie theater and a couple of anchor tenants. (Not the whole Mills mall)

Ok, I have archived Circus World in Hendersonville.
For those that don't know, Incredible Daves is going into Rivergate Mall on August 1st and this location is going into where Game Galaxy's branch location used to be inside the mall before the mall ousted Game Galaxy.
It is amazing that Dave and Busters has remained closed all this time. I guess this is good news that it may reopen later this year instead of Spring of next year, but still. 15 months is a very long time to be "temporarily closed".

DaveandBustersNashville

on 11/8/2011 1:37:34 PM
Hey guys! Dave & Buster's Nashville IS reopening! We're open to the public beginning November 28th. Come on down and see what the NEW store has to offer. We're so excited to be back!!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 11/9/2011 12:47:00 AM
DaveandBustersNashville Wrote:
Hey guys! Dave & Buster's Nashville IS reopening! We're open to the public beginning November 28th. Come on down and see what the NEW store has to offer. We're so excited to be back!!

Thanx for finding us on here. I wonder if my existing card will have any points on it?
I used to frequent that place every now and then. This will mark only the 2nd time in Aurcade history that I will get to bring an arcade location out of archives. :)
I had heard rumors D&B was reopening sooner. Glad to finally get an official date.

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Nashville Flooding (Welcome Back D&B)
on 11/29/2011 1:05:38 AM
19 months after the devastating flood, Dave & Busters in Nashville finally reopened today.

(And there was much rejoicing throughout the land)
The IMAX theater next door reopened a week earlier. The rest of the mall is scheduled to reopen March 29th 2012.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Nashville Flooding

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
James White