Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Score submissions

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
marky d

Score submissions
on 7/22/2010 2:15:19 AM
Does anyone know what the criteria/credentials are to submit scores to the Aurcade scoreboard? Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place, but any information would be appreciated, thanks.

BadBrains

RE: Score submissions
on 7/22/2010 11:46:52 AM
I think some type of Live Justin Tv might work, not %100 sure. Or go to your local arcade maybe.

marky d

on 7/22/2010 12:20:49 PM
Well, I guess I was wondering who actually would be verifying and accepting the scores themselves. I see many scores submitted, but most of them appear to have been achieved in the same location.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 7/22/2010 1:49:38 PM
This is probably because there is an Aurcade referee at these locations for verify the scores posted.
If I can figure out the system and can find time (and motivation), we can submit scores from our local arcade here at Game Galaxy.

marky d

on 7/22/2010 2:01:05 PM
I see. So I guess if you don't have an Aurcade referee at your location, you can't really submit at this time.

Steve W

on 7/22/2010 2:39:22 PM
I believe that is accurate Mark, though I imagine that will be changing as the scoreboard starts branching to other locations. I would think 1984 arcade would be on the short list of future sanctioned locations along with Ground Kontrol and the new High Scores here in NJ.

mpstulir

on 7/25/2010 2:25:10 AM
marky d Wrote:
Does anyone know what the criteria/credentials are to submit scores to the Aurcade scoreboard? Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place, but any information would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm sure David will jump in and give a more detailed answer when he can. Thus far, I believe that score submissions have only been accepted at live events held at accredited facilities like The American Classic Arcade Museum @ Funspot or Richie Kncklez.

marky d

on 7/25/2010 11:32:10 AM
"Live events"? Do you mean achieved during the regular hours of operation of the two arcades? There seems to be new scores put up almost weekly!

Thanks all for the responses and I will await any news.

mpstulir

on 7/26/2010 11:48:19 AM
marky d Wrote:
"Live events"? Do you mean achieved during the regular hours of operation of the two arcades? There seems to be new scores put up almost weekly!

Thanks all for the responses and I will await any news.

Let me clarify. A "live event" would be something like the annual ACAM @ Funspot classics tournament, or Richie's weekly "Flashback Friday." In other words, an established scheduled gathering where you must play in front of your peers.

In terms of "regular hours of operation," you cannot just walk into ACAM @ Funspot any old day and expect that someone will be available for your record attempt. Employees need to be available to witness your entire performance, and the game would need to be checked out for proper operation & switch settings. Unless you have pre-arranged the attempt in advance with Gary or another ACAM @ Funspot employee, don't expect that they can make the time to help you. That is why ACAM @ Funspot prefers to do this kind of thing during live events.

I spoke with David on the phone this morning, and he sounded like he was very busy, so I expect that is why he has not responded directly to this thread yet. I'm sure he will clarify when he has a free moment.

marky d

on 7/26/2010 4:51:18 PM
Okay that makes sense. Yeah, I guess Richie would be there to verify scores weekly. The "live event" thing threw me. Thanks for the clarification.

David can respond when he gets the time. I apologize if I came across as impatient, as that is not the case. I was just curious about the scoreboard.

mpstulir

on 7/28/2010 12:36:48 PM
marky d Wrote:
David can respond when he gets the time. I apologize if I came across as impatient, as that is not the case. I was just curious about the scoreboard.

I did not think that you were impatient. :)

Nashvillan
Admin

on 6/14/2011 10:27:09 PM
Recently, a member asked some questions about submitting scores. One of them was if the scores were based on factory settings.
I can answer this one as I myself just found this out a few days ago.

The answer is "possibly". There are several steps that need to be taken before scores can be submitted.
1) The game must be set up on this site to accept Aurcade Scoreboard high scores. All those games I've been adding to the database recently? They have not been set up yet. I don't have that tool in my toolbox. ;)
2) An Aurcade referee must verify the factory default dip switch settings on that particular game at that particular arcade. If the game is not set to factory default, it may still be possible to submit scores on that game through what we call an Aurcade Challenge Setting or "ACS" instead of factory default settings.
3) The arcade owner would need to set up the necessary equipment to post and promote said scoreboard. This equipment would either be paid for out of the owner's pocket or through donations from generous supporters.

I chose to reply on this thread since this is the more relevant place to ask about it, plus you can see what other people asked about on this topic.

Steve W

on 6/15/2011 6:57:38 AM
I have to go through one day and clean up a bit. Fast Bullets and Slow Bullets Berzerk scores are intermingled. Robotron marathon and 5 man are also intermingled in some cases, etc.

Auric
Founder

on 6/15/2011 9:23:29 AM
Steve W Wrote:
I have to go through one day and clean up a bit. Fast Bullets and Slow Bullets Berzerk scores are intermingled. Robotron marathon and 5 man are also intermingled in some cases, etc.

Yes we need to do that. Others like Funspot 3's is shown as Fast Bullets, when it was Slow. We'll be doing some historical clean up in the coming weeks to make sure all data is correct.

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Score submissions

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024