Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Can I submit score here from a video?

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
80sArcadeKid

Can I submit score here from a video?
on 3/7/2021 9:51:42 PM
Is submitting a previously adjudicated and accepted score from another site an available option here? Or are scores only valid from the listed arcades for those games. Being in Australia it is unlikely I'll even be in a US arcade. Although I'd love to visit one day hit the Galloping Ghost arcade.

I own a Rygar arcade PCB and wanted to submit a score. I'd be happy to do a live stream attempt for this site if that is required but not sure how long/attempts that would take to hit a 6mill+ score again. However, pretty sure I could hit the 5.3mill+ score easily for this site.

Here is a video of my previous 6,376,650 point game.
https://view.vzaar.com/22590684/Video

Cheers
Geoff

Crimefighter

RE: Can I submit score here from a video?
on 3/8/2021 1:20:37 AM
At this point they aren't entering home submissions - if you have a Rygar PCB, you can submit it to Twin Galaxies however, but you have to match the settings they require...so when you record your run and you happen to break the world record you will at the end have to show the board and the dip switch settings to the camera so it's undisputed.

80sArcadeKid

on 3/8/2021 7:39:37 AM
That where I'm coming from (Rygar TG WR holder on Arcade). Was just wondering if I could branch out and get more competition going. I have seen many Japanese players online with much bigger scores than mine, so a Twin Galaxies WR is not exactly 'World' anymore. MARP is Mame only, looking for Arcade leader boards.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 3/8/2021 9:07:30 PM
I used to be able to post live stream scores on Aurcade, but not any more.

As for official Aurcade scores either me or a person with my credentials would need to be standing next to you to visually verify the score.

Once upon a time though, there was a section under your profile marked "Personal Scores" where users could submit their own unofficial scores of games.  There was a disclaimer associated with that though saying that scores posted there were based on the opinion of the gamer and not officially recognized.  They also don't take into account possible settings differences.  But it certainly made it a lot easier for a gamer to say they got a certain score.  Don't know if it ever got off the ground though as I could certainly claim that I scored 43,000,000 on Revolution X, but this was before I joined Aurcade and I have no evidence of it.

80sArcadeKid

on 3/8/2021 10:55:56 PM
OK thanks for the reply and info. Cheers.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Can I submit score here from a video?

Recent Scores
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez
4/15/2024