Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot  Pinball? No longer of interest? Orphaned stepchild of ACAM?

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
kenmoto

Pinball? No longer of interest? Orphaned stepchild of ACAM?
on 7/18/2011 3:15:40 PM

Hope nobody gets offended but I've been wondering if it's the intention of ACAM or Funspot to give up on Pinball.

Pinball machines, though better in last couple of months, have not been maintained and often there have been as many down as up. Pinball is no longer included in tournaments.
All this makes me wonder if pinball still has a place here. Are Pinball games included on the wall of fame?

I realize they take a great effort to maintain and I'm not trying to be a troublemaker. I love Funspot and play there often. It's close and inexpensive (maybe TOO inexpensive?) but I don't play video, only pinball, so I'm asking anyone in the know if anyone cares about pinball or just allowing it to die out at Funspot.

Pinball Wizard Arcade is wonderful and I'm playing there more often than not, but Funspot is close, a beautiful area, a much more pleasant drive across Rt. 11 than nail biting my way down Rt. 93 to Pelham. Is there hope?

Auric
Founder

RE: Pinball? No longer of interest? Orphaned stepchild of ACAM?
on 7/18/2011 3:46:39 PM
Pinball scores from past tournaments are included as part of the wall of fame at ACAM. Considering ACAM's status as a non-profit organization, it takes money to buy parts and maintain them. I'm sure it's not intentional to have any machine out of order or malfunctioning.

For them it's a labor of love, and only a few people available to do the labor on *everything* heh.

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

Nashvillan
Admin

Higher cost of maintenance for pinballs.
on 7/19/2011 3:54:36 AM
It's a given that pinball machines wear out and cost more to maintain than arcade cabinets due to the fact that there are far more moving parts in a pinball game.
This weekend at the late night party at Game Galaxy, the cover charge is $8 and most of the arcade games are set to Free Play. The pinball games are all set to 25 cents per play due to their higher maintenance costs. TRON: Legacy will remain at full price due to it being brand spankin new!
Maybe I can get a discount on that game if I show them my Encom badge? :) heh heh

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot  Pinball? No longer of interest? Orphaned stepchild of ACAM?

Recent Scores
Thomas Boyer
5/4/2024
Matt Gladem
5/4/2024
Brad Bach
4/29/2024
Brandon Travis
5/3/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024