Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Ground Kontrol  Ground Kontrol needs your help!

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
groundkontrol

Ground Kontrol needs your help!
on 4/26/2010 1:45:07 AM
I guess the first post here get's to be one asking for help-- at least I don't need to worry about bumping it back to the top. ;-)

As some of you know, Ground Kontrol is one of the arcades in the Stride Gum "Save the Arcades 2" promotion. We've been bouncing back and forth between 1st and 2nd place, so it's apparently a pretty close contest.

Anyway... Little old Portland, OR is a lot smaller than the Los Angeles area (where our main competitor in the contest -- Arcade Infinity-- is!), so we could really use some help to keep it close and hopefully pull out the win...

If you can help us out, please Surf on over to the Stride Save The Arcades website and register (it's free, and they don't seem to bug you with any email or anything).

http://savethearcades.stridegum.com

Play COWBOTS 2010.

Donate your final score to “Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade.”

Repeat as often as you like, and tell your friends!

The arcade that receives the most points by June 15th will win the prize (which is $25K!).

We've been wanting to expand our 2nd floor to add more games (and spread out our existing machines a little more for some extra elbow-room) and this contest would really help finance the project if we manage to win.

Thanks in advance for any points you donate to us!

-Clay

Ground Kontrol Classic Arcade
Portland, OR
http://www.groundkontrol.com

Auric
Founder

RE: Ground Kontrol needs your help!
on 4/26/2010 9:04:10 AM
Welcome to the forums Clay!

I'll be sure to pitch in and do my part. I want a real arcade to win this time. =)

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

Nashvillan
Admin

on 4/26/2010 11:23:08 AM
Stride tells me I am not eligible to donate points. :(
I can play the game, but I cannot contribute to any arcades.

Fun filler game though.

groundkontrol

on 4/26/2010 7:55:23 PM
Nashvillan Wrote:

Fun filler game though.

I've heard a couple people run into the same problem, but so far we haven't been able to figure out *what* is disqualifying them... Are you in the US? Are you at least 18?

If we can ever spot the pattern we can email Stride's PR people and see if their web developer can fix it. Doesn't seem to affect many people, but there's enough that it's not a fluke anyway...

Thanks for trying!

-Clay

groundkontrol

on 4/26/2010 7:58:36 PM
Auric Wrote:
Welcome to the forums Clay!

I'll be sure to pitch in and do my part. I want a real arcade to win this time. =)

Thanks! It's kind of nerve-wracking actually-- we've been trading 1st place back and forth with Arcade Infinity for the last few days and the contest doesn't end until June 15th! ;-)

Thanks in advance for the support (everyone, not just Auric!) I suspect every point will be important in this contest...

-Clay

Nashvillan
Admin

on 4/26/2010 8:41:21 PM
groundkontrol Wrote:
Nashvillan Wrote:

Fun filler game though.

I've heard a couple people run into the same problem, but so far we haven't been able to figure out *what* is disqualifying them... Are you in the US? Are you at least 18?

If we can ever spot the pattern we can email Stride's PR people and see if their web developer can fix it. Doesn't seem to affect many people, but there's enough that it's not a fluke anyway...

Thanks for trying!
-Clay

I'm wondering if it's for geographic reasons. Like for example, there's a poker site called Spade Club I am ineligible to participate in.
Stride DID ask what state I was from before saying I was "ineligible".
I was probably eligible the first time because one of the arcades was Game Galaxy arcade just down the street from me. No reason for TN residents to be ineligible to save their own arcade! But there's no local arcade in the list this time.

Without revealing my actual age, let's just say I'm older than Auric and leave it at that! HA HA HA HA!!!

MasterFygar

on 4/26/2010 9:02:44 PM
I've been sending in all my points to you since before I even saw your post, Ground Kontrol is the only top of the line retro arcade on the list and I want it to stay as awesome as possible. I still can't beat Level 30, but I'll send you all the points I get while trying!

-MFSue

groundkontrol

on 4/27/2010 7:07:19 PM
@MasterFygar -- thanks for the support! We're clinging to that #1 spot still, so every point helps! Keeping everyone motivated through the middle of June will be the real test. ;-)

I finally managed to complete level 30 myself last night. It's tricky, but doable. Some people are getting really good-- had a guy put up three 'perfect' wins in a row last night at Ground Kontrol.

Everyone's support is really helping out and is *much* appreciated.

For anyone within visiting distance of Ground Kontrol-- win lose or draw, we'll do some kind of special "thank you" thing at the end of the contest. Of course how lavish it is will depend on if we win or not. ;-)

-Clay

sidseattle

aurcade tournaments at GK
on 6/13/2011 8:42:41 PM
Clay, when are we gonna hook up and start doing some either round robin or double elimination tournaments at your Arcade. (last friday of the month perhaps?) Please talk to Auric, Graham, and nashvillian here and lets set some stuff up.

Thanks

Robert "sid" Racek

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: arcade tournaments at GK
on 6/13/2011 11:39:25 PM
I'm flattered you would think of me to help set up tournaments.

Oh, and just so you know, it's "nashvillan" not "nashvillian" :) Honest mistake.
Pac-Man BlinkyBlinkyBlinkyBlinky

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Ground Kontrol  Ground Kontrol needs your help!

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/25/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/25/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
James White
4/22/2024