Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Updating locations

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
DefaultGen

Updating locations
on 3/10/2013 5:56:38 AM
Hey guys, I just joined and I'm trying to fill out my area around NC. I submitted what I can confirm from memory, but might need to update locations. Should I just submit it as a new location and the admins will merge/update the existing location?

In particular, Lost Ark Video Games is terribly outdated, since they seem to rotate games fairly frequently. Almost none of those pins are on the floor right now.

LaughingOtter

RE: Updating locations
on 3/11/2013 9:22:54 AM
That always works for me.
Location name, address, city, and what games that location has. Be clear on the game titles. Say, "Batman Forever" or "Batman Dark Knight" instead of just "Batman" (which could also be a video game as well as three pinball machines)..
I'm not an admin, but I do run another database and have these problems a lot.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 3/11/2013 2:15:42 PM
DefaultGen Wrote:
Hey guys, I just joined and I'm trying to fill out my area around NC. I submitted what I can confirm from memory, but might need to update locations. Should I just submit it as a new location and the admins will merge/update the existing location?

In particular, Lost Ark Video Games is terribly outdated, since they seem to rotate games fairly frequently. Almost none of those pins are on the floor right now.

Yes, submit it as a new location and then just mention in the description that it is an existing location.
You may either:
>say what is there and what is gone
>submit a complete list with all the changes

Oh, and before I forget. Welcome to Aurcade! Glad you could join us.

rush1169

on 3/27/2013 8:44:24 AM
Forgive me for piggybacking this thread, but it looks like this might be a good thread to ask. . . .

I'm an arcade owner and would like to completely revamp the list of games that are attached to my location (many to add and many to remove). What's the best way to to about doing that?

TY,
Dan (Slingshots Pinball Arcade)

Nashvillan
Admin

on 3/27/2013 2:18:08 PM
rush1169 Wrote:
Forgive me for piggybacking this thread, but it looks like this might be a good thread to ask. . . .

I'm an arcade owner and would like to completely revamp the list of games that are attached to my location (many to add and many to remove). What's the best way to to about doing that?

TY,
Dan (Slingshots Pinball Arcade)
Best way to do that is to click on "Site Map" and then click on "Submit Location"
Then you fill out your business info and mention it is an edit to and existing location.
From here you have a choice.
A) Mention what is added and what is removed
-or-
B) Give the complete updated list

You can also message me, but I may not get to it right away.
Thanx for the question!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/4/2013 5:07:14 AM
I have discovered some terrible news.

The movie theater (and the adjacent retro arcade) Screenland Crossroads in Kansas City, MO is scheduled to close their doors on May 17th, 2013. Let us hope this is merely a temporary closing as they search for a new location.

Last chance to visit!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 9/3/2013 4:27:50 AM
It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that after over 31 years of business, the Starbase Arcade in San Rafael, California has closed their doors forever.

However, the link to their website still works for now and they have arcade machines available for sale. Visit the website for details.
http://www.starbasearcade.com/

Nashvillan
Admin

on 9/4/2013 3:27:12 AM
I am pleased to announce a new pinball museum that opened up last weekend called Asheville Pinball Museum. Pay an admission fee and play all you want.

Also in the news, there is a growing trend of more pinball museums opening up in the next few months, including one that hopes to reach 500 machines under one roof! This would make it the new largest in the world!

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Updating locations

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
5/16/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
5/16/2024
3:08:311
Gerard LaCour
5/13/2024
James White
5/15/2024