Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot  ACAM's New Digital Wall of Fame

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
Auric
Founder

ACAM's New Digital Wall of Fame
on 6/7/2011 3:26:35 PM
Look for a video soon of the new digital Wall of Fame we just unveiled at ACAM during the tournament. I'm happy with how it turned out, and we still have a lot of things we will be adding to it in the future.

Cheers,

David

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

Steve W

RE: ACAM's New Digital Wall of Fame
on 6/7/2011 7:18:35 PM
It looked awesome Dave!

Barthax

on 6/9/2011 6:31:12 AM
Is it something available over the 'net or an exclusive at-the-scene affair?

Auric
Founder

on 6/9/2011 8:08:15 AM
Barthax Wrote:
Is it something available over the 'net or an exclusive at-the-scene affair?

That's been asked a few times. While we can't replicate the touch screen obviously, we may end up having a web 'lite' version included on ACAM's site.

Will update once I know more.

mpstulir

on 6/9/2011 11:05:07 AM
I am really pleased with all of the positive feedback we are getting on the ACAM Digital Wall of Fame. Keeping up with all of the photos & scores on the ACAM walls was an endless task and we were always six months behind. Having this incredible resource means that all of our players will get instant recognition & gratification for their efforts.

I think the combined effort on this project between ACAM and Aurcade proves, once again, that our respective organizations are the driving force pushing our hobby forward. From my own perspective, nothing pleases me more than providing an incredible service like this to the gamers. Seeing the jaws drop and the smiles when we turned it on made all of the countless hours of work worth the effort.

David Hernly, as usual, did an awesome job being the "visionary" and getting the software together. Gary Vincent & Bob Lawton took care of the purchase of the 42" touchscreen monitor. I provided the on-site server that drives the display and took care of all of the "back-end" stuff to make it work. Putting in several thousand dollars of hardware & infrastructure was a huge risk for all involved, but I think it paid off in the end.

Mike Stulir
Board of Directors
The American Classic Arcade Museum

Scoundrl

on 6/9/2011 2:36:38 PM
I wish I had seen it. Auracde and the technology it can bring to bear really is the future. The other sites will simply fall to the wayside as things here continue to progress while the others stay stagnant or in some cases revert back to 'yestertech'

With the streaming technology in the works, the scoring system, the digital wall of fame and the other things planned but not announced things can only get better and I'm personally glad to be part of it.

-Ken

mpstulir

on 6/9/2011 3:48:00 PM
Scoundrl Wrote:
I wish I had seen it.

Ken, you ARE coming to the ACAM tourney next year and I am not taking "no" for an answer. :)

Mike

Scoundrl

on 6/10/2011 11:16:50 AM
mpstulir Wrote:
Ken, you ARE coming to the ACAM tourney next year and I am not taking "no" for an answer. :)

Mike

Yes dear.

Syscrusher

on 6/10/2011 3:44:14 PM
The new wall of fame is brilliant! Great job ACAM and Aurcade!

Merciless365

on 6/10/2011 5:43:30 PM
My jaw dropped when I saw they'd taken all the pictures off the wall. Then my jaw almost snapped off in amazement when I saw the New Digital Wall of Fame! Great job!

ACAM
ACAM Admin

on 6/10/2011 8:27:26 PM
The touch screen is amazing. No more playing "arts & crafts" taking pictures off the wall, changing out the photo, printing a new label, putting it back together and screwing it to the wall. Computers are great :-)

Gary

Rob Ross

on 6/11/2011 12:03:27 PM
Couple ideas for David/Graham in regards to digital video wall:

1. Try to get all photos up for the Hall of Fame section. Have peeps email a headshot if needed.
2. The Hall of Fame section should be for World Records only - I thought I noticed some people listed that had personal best scores, but not records. In fact, I might even only list people in the Hall of Fame who did the WR at Funspot itself and not some other arcade.
3. Related to #2.....I would set up a separate section for people that achieve a personal best high score, but not WR score. For instance, a person frequents ACAM often, gets personal best on Donkey Kong. Allow this person to pay [let's say] $5 with half going to ACAM and half going to Aurcade. For $5 this person gets their photo taken, score verified and all that info placed into the video wall. Makes them feel included, important and gives a connection to Funspot.
4. All Hall of Fame or Personal Best players should have a more extensive bio listed. Such as: Current Residence, Age, Original Home Arcade, Occupation, Favourite Game, Least Favourite Game, Arcade Hero, Favourite Arcade Sound, etc.
5. Embed videos for the games listed at ACAM and/or embed WR videos for the Hall of Fame players.

chriswhiteside
Admin

on 6/11/2011 4:17:15 PM
mpstulir Wrote:
I am really pleased with all of the positive feedback we are getting on the ACAM Digital Wall of Fame. Keeping up with all of the photos & scores on the ACAM walls was an endless task and we were always six months behind. Having this incredible resource means that all of our players will get instant recognition & gratification for their efforts.

I think the combined effort on this project between ACAM and Aurcade proves, once again, that our respective organizations are the driving force pushing our hobby forward. From my own perspective, nothing pleases me more than providing an incredible service like this to the gamers. Seeing the jaws drop and the smiles when we turned it on made all of the countless hours of work worth the effort.

David Hernly, as usual, did an awesome job being the "visionary" and getting the software together. Gary Vincent & Bob Lawton took care of the purchase of the 42" touchscreen monitor. I provided the on-site server that drives the display and took care of all of the "back-end" stuff to make it work. Putting in several thousand dollars of hardware & infrastructure was a huge risk for all involved, but I think it paid off in the end.

Mike Stulir
Board of Directors
The American Classic Arcade Museum

It sounds like you guys put your heads (and wallets) together to develop this awesome device. As Gary was saying, changing out the photos of record holder placards and keeping up with new records would be time prohibitive. This type of automation is just what's called for. I can't wait to see it and try it myself (and get a score up there!) Great work all!

Chris

JamnOnTheOne

on 6/13/2011 10:34:28 AM
So how does one get their photo into the wall? I seem to have missed the announcement if there was one at Funspot XIII.

Would like to see my face up there with my record.

Auric
Founder

on 6/14/2011 10:55:25 AM
We are still doing a LOT of data entry as we speak. Keep an eye out!

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot  ACAM's New Digital Wall of Fame

Recent Scores
Thomas Boyer
5/4/2024
Matt Gladem
5/4/2024
Brad Bach
4/29/2024
Brandon Travis
5/3/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024