Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Classic Game Tournament at Celebrity Lanes, Centennial, CO on January 27th, 2012

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
WyomingMyst

Classic Game Tournament at Celebrity Lanes, Centennial, CO on January 27th, 2012
on 1/14/2012 11:37:05 AM
There will be a classic game tournament at Celebrity Lanes in Centennial, CO on January 27th, 2012 at 4:00 pm local time. Here are the following details.

This is a score challenge tournament. Each participant will play each of the nine different classic games located in the Vintage Game Room in the Altitude Sports Grill and Taphouse 2nd Floor. These games are:

- Pac-man (turbo style)*
- Ms. Pac-man (turbo style)*
- Galaga (rapid-fire style)*
- Donkey Kong**
- Donkey Kong Jr. **
- Mario Bros. **
- Dig Dug
- Q*Bert
- Centipede

* Pac-man, Ms. Pac-man, and Galaga will be played on the Pac-man 25th Anniversary Cabinet
** Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., and Mario Bros. will be played on the Donkey Kong triple Cabinet.

The player with the highest total score will be the winner of the main prize package. Each player with the highest score from each individual game will receive a bonus $5 game card. The grand prize pack currently includes:

- One $25 Game Card (playable on all games except the photo booth)
- A complete set of classic Pac-Man video game plush toys (currently available to win in one of the crane games in the main game room!)
- A cool award certificate
- An awesome clock featuring the flyer of the event
- A Pac-man T-shirt
- A Pac-man Lanyard

There will also be prizes for second, third and fourth place as well.

$5 Entry Fee to participate

To get to Celebrity Lanes:
Take Interstate 25 to exit 197 Arapahoe Road and turn to the East. Head East on Arapahoe Road and turn left on Helena St. (look for the Golden Corral just as you pass Cornerstar Pkwy, but before the Parker Road overpass).

Get in Practice!
The vintage game room is open during all operation hours at Celebrity Lanes, plus visit on Wednesdays from 6 pm to close for half-price games using your game card.

RSVP at:
https://www.facebook.com/events/215131468572777/

CKFan
Admin

RE: Classic Game Tournament at Celebrity Lanes, Centennial, CO on January 27th, 2012
on 1/14/2012 12:07:43 PM
Sounds neat, although if each person needs to play all 3 games on those 2 multigames, it's gonna be hard to get a game in if you have alot of people, unless you have multiples of those games.

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Classic Game Tournament at Celebrity Lanes, Centennial, CO on January 27th, 2012
on 1/14/2012 1:00:20 PM
Perhaps a 30 minute time limit per game? That could force some people to practice ala "Starcade" style. :)
It also does a good job of keeping the tournament moving along.

I will go ahead and post this event on the upcoming events.

WyomingMyst

on 1/18/2012 8:34:08 AM
Your thoughts are well concerned, however based on my current RSVP on Facebook, I am expecting no more than 12 players at this time. I am confident though that I can manage players throughout the night.

Auric
Founder

on 1/18/2012 1:22:32 PM
Good luck with the tournament!

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Classic Game Tournament at Celebrity Lanes, Centennial, CO on January 27th, 2012

Recent Scores
Thomas Boyer
5/4/2024
Matt Gladem
5/4/2024
Brad Bach
4/29/2024
Brandon Travis
5/3/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024