Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Top Gun (VA Beach-front)?

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
MasterFygar

Top Gun (VA Beach-front)?
on 12/28/2009 8:14:27 PM
Sorry for the lack of activity... laptop had been fried for a few weeks now, back to 100% finally!

I dropped by Flippers today to get some high scores on Dig Dug, Pole Position and Ms. Pac (I did horribly this time, by the way, but still got the high... go figure) and saw a bunch of signs in storefronts along the way for some new mini golf/arcade place. It claims to be mostly arcade and "15,000 SQUARE FEET OF FUN!" I dropped by the location (on the second floor of Sunsational at the corner of 23rd and Atlantic) and although it was closed (only open on weekends- just missed it!) I managed to make out the top room and it looks fairly new and nice... shame the machines are back a bit too far to see from the street! Just wondering if any of you in the are have been in and what it's like. I'm expecting most of it to be mini golf with a few redemption/DDR/Guitar Hero machines thrown in but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Any Virtual Ons? Sue

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Top Gun (VA Beach-front)?
on 12/28/2009 10:11:04 PM
I doubt they would have a game like that there. But you never know. You could get really lucky. They probably will also have either Ms. Pac/Galaga or a Pacman 25th machine... maybe a Tekken machine, Silent Scope machine, and a few racers... Fast and Furious and Daytona both come to mind. This is on top of what you mentioned. I can also see them running the games on tokens.

This will be really scary if all of my predictions come to pass. lolol

Auric
Founder

on 12/29/2009 9:09:12 AM
I actually went by there with CrazyKongFan. I documented it but failed to add it on the site here (whoops). It's mostly late 90s era 'common' cabs. Cruis'n Exotica, Time Crisis 2 etc.

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

MasterFygar

on 12/29/2009 2:02:12 PM
Cool, thanks for confirming. That's better than redemption junk at least. I'll check it out if I'm ever at Flipper's during their hours but I won't make a huge effort otherwise... sounds pretty generic. Sue

CKFan
Admin

on 12/30/2009 9:37:52 PM
Here 's what was there the day Auric and I were there on 8-4-09: Off Road Thunder (2 player sitdown linked), Road Burners (2 player sitdown linked), The House of the Dead 2 (2 players), Gunblade (2 players), Maximum Force (2 player, monitor messed up), 2005 Golden Tee, San Fran. Rush 2049 (2 players sitdown linked), Virtua Cop (2 players) Star Wars Trilogy (sort of a sitdown. Not a cockpit, but had a seat as part of the cab), Big Buck Safari (2 players) and a skill crane. Feel free to add it...I'm not too interested in places with no classics ;) The indoor miniature golf course looked pretty good, had a military theme to it.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Top Gun (VA Beach-front)?

Recent Scores
Andrew Brown
4/19/2024
James White
4/17/2024
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024