Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  Underground Retrocade - opening Friday at 7pm in East Dundee, IL

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
OXthatROCKS
Official

Underground Retrocade - opening Friday at 7pm in East Dundee, IL
on 6/13/2012 9:24:10 PM
This Friday, at 7pm, we will open our doors to the public. This is our soft launch - an opportunity to see how our processes work under actual business conditions. A few of the machines still don't work (Pole Position and Tempest still don't work, Xevious doesn't complete its boot, the NeoGeo screen is still out, Gorf's screen is dark and red, player 2 of Time Crisis went dark, the maze for PacMan doesn't render correctly, etc) but with 50 machines total we have plenty to keep people entertained. Out of the box, we'll be charging $10 for 2 hours, or $15 for unlimited daily access with in/out privileges. We'll be open 7pm-1am Friday, and then will transition into our regular hours: 11am-1am Saturday, 11am-11pm Sunday, 3pm-11pm Mon-Thu, and 3pm-1am Fri. We hope you'll come join us for the launch and bring a friend!

https://www.facebook.com/undergroundretrocade

tmbr_wulf

RE: Underground Retrocade - opening Friday at 7pm in East Dundee, IL
on 6/19/2012 10:26:06 AM
I visited on Saturday night and had a good time. Good selection of games and has a lot of bars within walking distance :D I'll be back again in the near future. They had some games that were down that I'd like to play and hopefully they're on the to-do list.

OXthatROCKS
Official

on 6/19/2012 2:59:41 PM
We've been working for a while now on PPII and Tempest only to be frustrated. Xevious has been up and down - there's something wrong with the power supply or a short in the harness. Centipede was up Friday morning before the open and had been working flawlessly for the month prior but joined Heavy Barrel, Golden Axe and the left screen of Xmen in failing on opening day - we're currently scrambling to find some backup monitors to get those games back in service. Millipede's board is good; we tested it inside of Doc's sit down unit at the Ghost a while back, so there's something else inside the cabinet keeping it from completing its boot. Turbo also needs a monitor.

We work on these games daily and will do everything we can to get them back up asap! Meanwhile, we certainly appreciate you're joining us for opening weekend and hope to see you back again soon!

tmbr_wulf

on 6/20/2012 11:44:08 AM
Hey, no worries man. I've never troubleshot a game, so I'm sure it's quite the process. I'm just glad to see another arcade in the area, and I'll definitely be back to visit again!

gamerlogic

on 6/25/2012 11:54:31 AM
I stopped by there this Saturday with my little brother and we had a fantastic time there. Great price and the games were really in great condition. Any chance we may see some pinball machines in there eventually?

I did a video walk though of the place as well for those who would like to check it out:
http://youtu.be/MI2gFDpmPAY

OXthatROCKS
Official

on 6/26/2012 9:30:11 AM
We haven't ruled out pins, but our focus right now is to get the classics perfected (we got our Centipede back up Sunday evening, and hope to have Xmen back by the weekend), build up some fighters, and make sure our staff knows how to take care of the customers. Once we have that foundation perfected we'll definitely continue to turn out profits back into the business and see if we can't find some pins. Great job on the video - thanks for that!

tmbr_wulf

on 6/27/2012 10:09:26 AM
YES! Do consider Pinball tables! Your front foyer would be perfect for them.

dauber

on 7/11/2012 11:11:18 PM
Nice video!

Wow...I'm so glad I live in Chicago...these joints keep popping up! No Limit, Logan Hardware, Emporium, Galloping Ghost...

BTW, is it me, or is there NOT A SINGLE MULTICADE or otherwise "fake" cab in there?? Impressive!

OXthatROCKS
Official

on 7/12/2012 2:49:17 PM
Dauber, I have to be honest: the Dodgeball cab has a 60 in 1 board in it. Several folks had asked for certain games that we just haven't been able to source yet (Pleiades, Phoenix, DigDug, Qix, RallyX) so because Dodgeball's a standard Jamma, I slipped the multi card in there; so far, no one has asked to play Dodgeball, but should the request be made, I can swap it back in just a few moments (I'd have to rotate the monitor, too, of course, but that's not too big of a deal.)

Because we're focused on authenticity, that's the only multi we'll ever have. it's our intention to continue to seek out and make available for play all the original cabinets just as you remember them from back in the day. We want to help take you back FROM the future!

OXthatROCKS
Official

on 7/12/2012 2:53:44 PM
Time to make the best deal in all-day gaming even better: with every $10 all-day pass purchased, we'll punch your frequent player card. Collect 6 punches to receive a free all day pass on your next visit!

Planning to make a run at a high score? We're the place to practice!

zhorik

on 8/10/2012 1:32:01 AM
Went by Underground Retrocade one night last week and again tonight. Had a great time. It's a very convenient location for me when I'm working in Chicago. Location is right on the Fox river in downtown Dundee with a lot of dining and drinking options nearby.

The Tempest was up and working tonight and looks and plays great. Too bad I stink at Tempest (so far).

-George

OXthatROCKS
Official

on 8/10/2012 9:46:29 AM
I wouldn't say you stink at Tempest - I'd say you simply play like a normal mortal (I couldn't come close to your scores, but I do see you bested the top of the high score list on the machine..). This, of course, is in deference to the 1m points you put up on our Q*bert...or the 92k you put on Frogger! Always a pleasure having you on the floor, George!

dauber

on 10/20/2012 1:47:09 AM
Just visited Underground for the first time a few hours ago. Very, very nice place; very homey and comfy. And for a few brief hours thought that I had achieved the world record score on the "turbo" Jr. Pac-Man! Oh well....it was fun while it lasted. :)

Definitely will return, if for no other reason to try to ACTUALLY get the world record!

OXthatROCKS
Official

on 10/20/2012 11:41:20 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Dauber!

Sorry to disappoint on that world, score, but you've got the house high and are just a little practice away from ruling the world!

C'mon back - you can do it!

Page: of 1 Page

Forums   General Discussion  Underground Retrocade - opening Friday at 7pm in East Dundee, IL

Recent Scores
Sid Augustus
4/27/2024
James White
4/27/2024
James White
4/27/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024
Tony DeRose
4/26/2024