Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  Other Sectors  Ms. Pac-Man / Galaga Class of 1981 Easter egg question....

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
dauber

Ms. Pac-Man / Galaga Class of 1981 Easter egg question....
on 10/24/2012 7:57:38 PM
Okay, so it's well-known that there are two Easter eggs in this console: 1) hidden (semi-original) Pac-Man game, and 2) speedup hack.

So...after trying on several different actual coin-ops, I have never been able to get the speedup hack to work -- even though I get the prize-eaten sound effect confirming it. One person told me it works on a toggle, but I blew three bucks to learn that it doesn't. However, on the MAME ROM, I have no problem, and it's only a per-game thing....once you enable the speedup hack, after the game ends the speed goes back to normal...

Was there a revision or something that might have disabled the speedup? I've always been able to get the almost-original Pac-Man...but I can't for the life of me getting the speedup to work on an actual coin-op game...

Nashvillan
Admin

RE: Ms. Pac-Man / Galaga Class of 1981 Easter egg question....
on 10/24/2012 10:02:16 PM
Are you telling me you have never seen a sped up Ms. Pac-Man Reunion?

Just remember, if the operator turned it on, then entering the code turns it off.
And yes, once the game is over, it resets.

That is odd. I've never run into a 20 year Reunion cabinet that didn't speed up. I've run into some that sound different (and one that sounded authentic to the original!), but never one that never sped up. Wieeerd. If THAT's true, then the operator must be determined to make sure that you personally never play a turbo game in their establishment.

zaz_cag

RE: Ms. Pac-Man / Galaga Class of 1981 Easter egg question....
on 10/25/2012 1:37:07 PM
From what I know, attract mode always shows the games at normal speed. The only way to know what speed the game is set on is to play to find out. Plus, there's various rom revisions that are available which I had fun discovering what type of killscreen on Ms. Pac-Man (turbo) I get on board 142.

Change speed: left, right, left, right, up, up, up, fire, any start button.
Play Pac-Man: up, up, up, down, down, down, left, right, left, right, left, Ms. Pac-Man start.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  Other Sectors  Ms. Pac-Man / Galaga Class of 1981 Easter egg question....

Recent Scores
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez
4/15/2024