Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  CrapMAME Tournaments  Crap tourney less than six months away!

AuthorComments:  Page: of 1 Page
GeorgeIV

Crap tourney less than six months away!
on 11/26/2012 10:47:13 AM
Can you feel it? I can't wait!

There is an ultracade machine in a burger joint near me that has Calipso and Pirate Ship Higemaru in it. Two excellent games actually. Not sure how they ended up in the crap tourney but I'm not complaining! I may have never found them otherwise.

I've only got 20k on calipso, and 220k on higemaru over there, so far.

Steve W

RE: Crap tourney less than six months away!
on 11/26/2012 2:44:33 PM
that is incredible those titles are in the Ultracade.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 11/26/2012 3:01:21 PM
Cmon! Details... details! Where is this machine located??
Don't you want this place in the database?

Billhouse
Admin

on 11/26/2012 5:56:41 PM
That has got to be the single coolest burger joint on planet Earth! I can't grasp how those 2 titles exist on any Ultracade, let alone the same one. Remind me to have you de-needle my haystack.

GeorgeIV

on 11/26/2012 6:17:43 PM
Action Burger, 292 Graham ave Brooklyn, NY 11211

They have the ultracade, I guess I can make a list of what's on it at some point. It saves high scores. There is a Rygar machine. Joystick is not perfect. But good enough. Also a street fighter II championship edition that works very well. I can practice my dragon punches.

If I were in front of a computer I'd add it to the database, or try to.

SanTe
Admin

on 11/26/2012 6:25:02 PM
GeorgeIV Wrote:
If I were in front of a computer I'd add it to the database, or try to.

Does your phone have a voice recorder? That's what I use to take inventory at locations and I enter them via my PC at home later. (I don't have a smartphone.) It's a very fast way of taking inventory, and to touchy arcade owners it just looks like I'm talking to somebody on my phone.

The_Pro
Admin

on 11/26/2012 7:49:19 PM
Random thought as I read this, I remember when I was at a large Gameworks type location and the staff was touchy enough to send security after me. Things were cleared up after an explanation but I recall hastily writting the website name on a piece of paper for them. We need some aurcade buisness cards ;).

Nashvillan
Admin

on 11/26/2012 8:44:38 PM
The_Pro Wrote:
Random thought as I read this, I remember when I was at a large Gameworks type location and the staff was touchy enough to send security after me. Things were cleared up after an explanation but I recall hastily writting the website name on a piece of paper for them. We need some aurcade buisness cards ;).

Business cards is a great idea. Unfortunately, since most of us are in this as a labor of love, it will likely be up to the individual to produce their own business cards with the Aurcade logo on them.

Auric
Founder

on 11/26/2012 10:18:26 PM
Martin, I will make some nice generic ones for anyone that wants them. I would be happy to contribute that if it would help anyone that helps with the location updates. =)

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

GeorgeIV

on 11/26/2012 10:48:09 PM
I think this list that I found online is the exact same lineup as what is in the Ultracade at Action Burger:

1941, 1942, 1943, 3 Wonders, 64th Street
Anteater, Armored Car, Armored Warriors, Astro Invader, Astyanax, Avenging Spirit
Bagman, Berzerk, Black Tiger, Bomb Jack, Bomb Jack Twin
Calipso, Carrier Air Wing, Commando, Cosmic Avenger, Cybattler
Dark Stalkers, Demons World, Do Run Run
Eco Fighters, EDF: Earth Defense Force, Exed Exes
Final Fight, Frenzy, Ghosts N Goblins, Ghouls N Ghosts, Gunsmoke
Hellfire, Higemaru, Jumping Jack, Kick Rider, King of Dragons, Knights of the Round
Ladybug, Legendary Wings, Magic Sword, Mega Man, Mega Twins, Mercs, Moon Cresta
Mr Do, Mr Do’s Castle, Mr Do’s Wild Ride, Nova 2001, Outzone
P 47, Phoenix, Pinball Action, Pinbo, Pipi & Bibis, Quiz & Dragons, Rodland
Saboten Bombers, Section Z, Sidearms, Saturday Night Slam Masters, Snap Jack,
Snow Bros, Snow Bros 2, Son Son, Space Panic, Speed Ball, Speed Coin, St Dragon
Street Fighter, Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 CE, Street Fighter 2 THF, Strider
Super Bagman, Super Dodge Ball, Super Pierrot, Tazz-mania
Thief, Trojan, Truxton 2, Varth, Vulgus, Yankee Do, Zero Wing

Should keep me busy for a while. I had a 40k game of Calipso today. Getting better. Also 250k on Rygar. I'm learning where the big points are.

GeorgeIV

Ultracade game select menu.
on 11/26/2012 10:48:13 PM
Since there's all this extra space from accidental multiple posts, I might as well fill it with pics.

GeorgeIV

Ultracade game select menu pics
on 11/26/2012 10:48:13 PM

GeorgeIV

More Ultracade menu pics
on 11/26/2012 10:48:14 PM

GeorgeIV

Calipso
on 11/26/2012 10:48:15 PM
40k. I remember playing Calipso for the crap tourney, it's one of those games that would make the x-arcade stick bang against the table I'd be pushing the stick so hard, trying to go faster to run away from those crabs that chase you at the end of every board. Nice to play it on an arcade machine with a secure control panel.

The_Pro
Admin

on 11/26/2012 10:50:31 PM
Don't worry about it. It was just a for fun suggestion while remembering a past situation. Now I can just show my aurcade players card to prove I'm not a predator, that's all it takes right?

Steve W

on 11/27/2012 7:50:53 AM
Love me some Quiz & Dragons.

HugDD

on 11/27/2012 1:00:28 PM
Pac-Man

Hey George, great post, thanks for the scoop on this place! What's a crap tournament? I never would've guessed a burger joint would have such a unique multicade machine. There're many titles I'm not familiar, and I'm pleased that Jaleco made it on there (big fan of the SNES game Brawl Brothers/Rushing Beat). If I ever find myself in NYC, I hope it'll still be there, and that they have veggie options.

How about posting your scores under the personal scores tab here on Aurcade? That is, if the games are all listed in the database. I know Clint "Nashvillian" and others have worked hard on seeing that through, great work everyone! :)

-Duc
nowornever12001@yahoo.com
www.storyofstuff.org

GeorgeIV

on 11/29/2012 1:29:35 PM
In the crap tournament, you must play a selection of bad games and some good games, and stream video of your scoring attempts. A list of past titles are in the CrapMAME section of the Aurcade forums. Yes, Action Burger does have a veggie burger.

I'm almost up to my Calipso score from ct3. I got 40k again last night, but it only took me 3 tries to get it. Didn't John McAllister get over 100k?

VonDummpenstein

on 11/29/2012 4:48:06 PM
John and Zerst both have scores over 100K on Calipso. McAllister currently has the top score on MARP with 132,242. Sweet game.

Page: of 1 Page

Forums  CrapMAME Tournaments  Crap tourney less than six months away!

Recent Scores
Mases Hagopian
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/18/2024
James White
4/15/2024
Kevin Jimenez
4/15/2024