Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums   General Discussion  New arcade games in database

AuthorComments: Go To First PageGo To Previous Page Page: of 21 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page
Nashvillan
Admin

RE: New arcade games in database
on 4/16/2013 5:06:26 AM
A pinball game has made its way onto the database!

Stingray: One of the first solid state pinball machines made by Stern in 1977.

Also, I haven't made a separate entry for it yet, but somebody has converted the NES hack of Donkey Kong Pauline Edition back over to an arcade board. This arcade port is now available for play at Ground Kontrol in Portland, OR. Check it out!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 4/23/2013 3:19:24 AM
A pinball machine has been spotted in the wild! And it's fitting because in recent days, I have been getting messages from people wondering if I have forgotten about their arcade updates. I can't get no satisfaction, but I try... and I try... and I try... and I try.

Rolling Stones: One of the early solid state pinballs made by Bally in 1979.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 4/28/2013 3:59:43 AM
A Japanese fighting game finds its way onto the database.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: A fighting game made by Capcom in 1998.

Ghostlord
Official

on 4/30/2013 12:36:08 AM
I just added G Darius to the database. I included a custom marquee, screen shot, scanned in the whole instruction manual and inserts & made an ADS High Score setting! Released from Taito in 1997.

HugDD

on 4/30/2013 12:51:01 AM
Ghostlord Wrote:
I just added G Darius to the database. I included a custom marquee, screen shot, scanned in the whole instruction manual and inserts & made an ADS High Score setting! Released from Taito in 1997.

Good to see this one on here Doc. I remember playing this on the Super NES I believe, with my cousins out of state, years ago. I'm looking forward to checking it out at the Ghost some time.

Thanks for adding more pinball games Clint! :) Glad to know you're a fellow enthusiast. I had no idea there was a 1979 Rolling Stones. Now that's classic!

Could someone add '88 Games? I know Logan Hardware had it at one point, but it seemed to have been swapped out for Hypersports. Actually, the game list page for that location seems to be off. I'll pay a visit some time soon and check back with regional admins to update. For instance, I've never seen Centipede there.

-Duc

LaughingOtter

on 5/1/2013 2:08:44 AM
Yep! That game had a line waiting to play it when it was new at Family Fun (the one that closed New Year's). Ralph, the owner, rigged it up next to the jukebox and put in every Stones 45 he could get his hands on. "Miss You" was still a big favorite at the time.

HugDD

on 5/1/2013 6:26:18 PM
LaughingOtter Wrote:
Yep! That game had a line waiting to play it when it was new at Family Fun (the one that closed New Year's). Ralph, the owner, rigged it up next to the jukebox and put in every Stones 45 he could get his hands on. "Miss You" was still a big favorite at the time.

Yeah, it's too bad that placed closed down. I hope where ever you are Steve, there are multiple places for fine gaming. Which game were you referring to above though: G Darius or '88 Games? Inky

-Duc

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/1/2013 11:51:22 PM
Here is a prototype game that may be making waves in the near future!

Pac-Man Battle Royale T.E.: A tournament edition upgrade to the existing Battle Royale game made by Namco.

EDIT: Two more games make their way onto the database!

Gaia Attack 4: A four player shooter made by Taito in 2010.
Fast Beat Loop Racer: A Chinese racing simulation made by Saint-Fun in 2011.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/6/2013 2:51:09 AM
A futuristic racer finds its way onto the database!

Wasteland: Racers 2071: A post-apocalyptic racer made by Triotech Amusements in 2006.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/8/2013 2:41:17 AM
A couple more games have been spotted!

Metal Slug 5 Plus: A hack of the original Metal Slug 5.
Skylab: An electromechanical pinball game made by Williams in 1974

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/18/2013 12:34:07 AM
A racing game was spotted and added.

Top Driver Evolution: An update to the 2004 game Top Driver. This update was released by IGS in 2006.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/23/2013 5:26:43 AM
Two brand new redemption games have made their way onto our database! Look for them at your favorite amusement center. Both were made in 2013 by I.C.E.

Harpoon Lagoon: A four player tabletop game.
Doodle Jump: A single player platform jumper based on a popular phone app.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/26/2013 9:49:37 AM
An old school fighting game was spotted! I always liked this series because the music was so infectious. That tune you can't get ouf of your head. Good times.

Streets of Rage 2: Made by Sega in 1993, this is the sequel to the original Streets of Rage game.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 5/28/2013 1:49:10 AM
A pinball machine was spotted and added to the database today!

Nudge-It: A flipperless redemption pinball game made by Premier/Gottlieb in 1990.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 6/4/2013 3:45:09 AM
While at ACAM this weekend, I saw a couple of new arcade games in there.

Trivial Pursuit Genius Edition 1: The first Trivial Pursuit based arcade game. It was made by Bally/Sente in 1984.

Sea Wolf II: A two player version of the original Sea Wolf game made by Midway in 1978.

LaughingOtter

on 6/4/2013 1:18:37 PM
I think Sea Wolf II could arguably be one of the very first real color videogames, along with the Sprint 4 and 8 series which had colored cars.

Nashvillan
Admin

on 6/5/2013 9:11:21 PM
We have a modern pinball machine to add to the database!

Metallica: Made by Stern in 2013.

LaughingOtter

on 6/6/2013 8:38:04 AM
You know, IPDB still hasn't caught up enough to list Metallica. (Whoops, they DO have one. But it's a custom model, not the Stern machine.)

aiw2012: You posted before I'd finished my reply. I'd been referring to the Bally Rolling Stones pinball machine.
I'd say Seattle is pretty well fixed for games! Between Shorty's, Add-A-Ball, Full Tilt Ballard, The Narwhal, and John John's we're doing pretty good! (more than 60 pins in that group alone!)

And now I'm gonna get ready to hit the road for the NW Gameroom Show!

Nashvillan
Admin

on 6/6/2013 3:02:36 PM
LaughingOtter Wrote:
You know, IPDB still hasn't caught up enough to list Metallica. (Whoops, they DO have one. But it's a custom model, not the Stern machine.)

It's comments like that which make Aurcade one of the premier places to go regarding looking up games. I'm sure there are other examples of games listed on Aurcade that are not listed anywhere else (even Wikipedia!).

LaughingOtter

on 6/10/2013 11:56:47 AM
I already have one. There's a one-off called Jupiter Crush that's at the Seattle Pinball Museum that was at The Show. No one on Planet Pinball on Facebook (that's just a general term for all the people connected that way) had ever seen or heard of it. It's not listed on any reference.
Incidentally, the Metallica pinball machine is very well done, the Wizard Of Oz was one of the most beautiful pins I've ever seen and played, Predator (Skit-B) needs some polishing up, and Duck Hunt (Skit-B) was OK. Galactic Girl was a better game for being a one-off.
I will include some pictures

Steve

Go To First PageGo To Previous Page Page: of 21 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page

Forums   General Discussion  New arcade games in database