Admin

CT4
on 3/29/2012 8:39:40 AM
May 7-13.

Stay tuned. :)

Steve W

RE: CT4
on 3/29/2012 8:43:02 AM
Sweet. I'll do my best to play in this one.

Scoundrl

on 3/29/2012 11:39:04 AM
I had fun last CT, looking forward to it.

Steve W

on 3/29/2012 12:53:37 PM
I have a general streaming question related to this:

Sometimes when I stream my games, they are not able to be watched in the jtv archives (I assume a requirement for this). I'm not sure how to rectify this or if there is a reason why that is the case. They are there but they don't end up playing. Some do though and I use the same setup each time.

ericliddell

on 3/29/2012 1:46:43 PM
I want to start streaming too Wag. Was wondering the same thing... And does anyone have a suggestion for a easy to setup PnP cam. I like Kens setup of mounting the cam on a stick on top of the game. Thats slick. Gonna start streaming my Joust and Joust2 games.

Also, I want in on the next CT4! =)

redelf

on 3/29/2012 3:00:22 PM
Oooh aaah the wonderful smell of roses.

Billhouse
Admin

on 4/1/2012 12:01:10 PM
ericliddell Wrote:
I want to start streaming too Wag. Was wondering the same thing... And does anyone have a suggestion for a easy to setup PnP cam. I like Kens setup of mounting the cam on a stick on top of the game. Thats slick. Gonna start streaming my Joust and Joust2 games.

Here's what I use. http://www.target.com/p/Logitech-C510-Webcam-Black-960-000593/-/A-13252413

Simple to just plug in and go, but has some decent software included for other shit.

Steve W

on 4/1/2012 1:00:55 PM
I streamed a little bit last night, then viewed the archive and still had the same issue. I d/l the latest version of Flash and the video loaded for me so it was likely a browser/flash issue for me rather than an issue with the video. I should be good to go I think but I don't see how to highlight clips via an archived video now. I've done it in the past though?

Scoundrl

on 4/1/2012 1:31:47 PM
Steve, login to JTV with a different browser and see if your stuff liiks right. You have have a plugin or something blocking the content in your default browser.

Billhouse
Admin

on 4/1/2012 3:42:15 PM
Other than the "Ghost Scoreboard" for players to update unofficial scores in real-time, is there anything else anyone can think of to make things easier or cooler?

Anything to make verification easier other than noting times and making highlights?

Official Rules and shit will be up by next weekend, but ain't nothing official yet. Let me know what you guys want.

ericliddell

on 4/2/2012 4:20:19 PM
Billhouse Wrote:
ericliddell Wrote:

Here's what I use. http://www.target.com/p/Logitech-C510-Webcam-Black-960-000593/-/A-13252413

Simple to just plug in and go, but has some decent software included for other shit.

Right on, I'm going to check out webcams today. I'll be streaming over a WIFI connection that is a medium signal... not strong or weak if that makes a difference and from a core2duo laptop with 4g ram runing win7 32 bit.

johnbart

on 4/4/2012 1:19:33 AM
Looking forward to another Crap Festival!

Steve W

on 4/4/2012 2:29:40 PM
Alright I figured out my jtv issues. I should be good to go for this I think.

johnbart

on 4/11/2012 11:19:10 PM
I finally had a breakthrough at Pig Newton and broke 400k. I'm bringing my A game to the craphouse this year!

Billhouse
Admin

on 4/29/2012 1:53:16 PM
Only one week and a few hours to go!

Just a friendly reminder to make sure you are ready to stream and to be registered and link your channel at Aurcade.

The game list has been finalized and is comprised of 5 "classic" and 7 new titles, for a total of 12.

Again, there will be a 13th title added for the final weekend of the tournament.

So get yourselves ready to rock!!!

Billhouse
Admin

Crap Tournament 4 Starts Tonight!
on 5/6/2012 2:44:53 PM
11pm EDT tonight the game list will be revealed and one hour later the tournament will be underway. Are you prepared?

Rules:

Any attempts must be made while streaming. We will need to be able to clearly see your final score. All tournament attempts must be available to watch in your archives.

Make sure you are streaming before you start a game, to make sure there are no INP playbacks.

After you complete a game you will need to show the dipswitch settings for a few seconds to make sure all are playing under the same settings.

I will post a complete list of settings for the titles tonight. All settings should already be the MAME default, with the exception of turning off continues on one or two games. Make sure your settings match up with the posted list tonight.

Write your scores down after you complete a game, only note them if they are higher than previous attempts. Also, note the time the game ended. Make sure the timezone is correct on your streaming channel so that the time you post a score matches up.

Make sure you are registered at Aurcade.com so you can post your scores in the forums. Also make sure your profile is updated at Aurcade with a proper email address and make sure the stream name is correct so we can use the marathon and front pages to see who's doing what.

Please send your scores with date and time achieved to : crapgames@athometech.com Then, please post scores and finish times in the appropriate topic here: http://www.aurcade.com/forums/?a=sec&id=20

I will start forum threads for each title after the list is finalized for players to post scores and times. Try to do this every couple of hrs, or when you finish a streaming session. Please do not send scores 100 times in a day, try to send the highest scores you've gained after a few hours.

The best way for us to get your scores is if you make a clip of your game. Go into your own archives and make a clip of the high-score game you want us to see. We won't have to skip through chunks of your archive and it will be saved for a while as well.

Also, Im sure noone would do this anyway, please turn in scores when you get them. No sandbagging and holding scores until the end of the tourney. Scores should be turned in within a few hours of making the score. Overnight is ok to hold scores if you're heading to bed after playing.

This year let's lay of the leeching. If anyone discovers a possible leech, please report it right away so we can make a ruling on the issue.

There is a change that I may have to work tonight and miss the start of the tournament. If so, the game list will be released at Aurcade at 11pm EDT.

That is all for now. Let's get ready to have some sh!tty fun!!!

up2ng

on 5/6/2012 10:42:38 PM
Ok guys, it's almost here!

Bill asked me to help out by posting the intro video and the list of games and their settings for this year's tournament. Hold your noses, it's a real pile this year.

Stay tuned.

up2ng

on 5/6/2012 10:57:30 PM
Ok, here's an extra special sneak peak that Bill cooked up for us this year! Check out this video to jump start our way into ...

Crap! Tournament! 4!

(4th Annual Inaugural Webcasting Tournament of Champion Champions Championship)

http://youtu.be/juL3KuSGv08

I will post a more detailed list of the games and their correct settings shortly. Use that time to make sure that you have the games and that they play correctly and save the correct settings and all that good stuff. Make sure your stream is working. Once all is well, please wait until midnight eastern time (in about an hour) to begin the tournament!

simpsons99

on 5/6/2012 10:59:55 PM
dean that link does'nt work here

Scoundrl

on 5/6/2012 11:02:38 PM
I was going to post this stuff but since Deans on it I'll just verify it and we can get reaady to roll!

Page: of 4 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page

Forums  CrapMAME Tournaments  CT4

Recent Scores
Brandon Travis
5/3/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024
Andrew Iwaszko