Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  CrapMAME Tournaments  Super Crap Tournament V! SCTV!

AuthorComments:  Page: of 3 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page
Billhouse
Admin

Super Crap Tournament V! SCTV!
on 3/20/2013 2:30:03 PM
Milk

Milk

Lemonade

and just around the corner

(early May)

fudge will be made.

It's SCTV: Super Crap Tournament V!!!

The craptacular, craptastic, middle third of the second trilogy of the timeless epic of the legendary tale of the story of the history of the struggle between Billhouse and Billy.

Questions qill be answered.

Also, questions WILL be answered, because qill isn't a word.

In closing, I apologize to anyone thinking when I said SCTV I meant this guy:

Super Crap Tournament V: "We don't have Rick, but we do have more anus!"

redelf

RE: Super Crap Tournament V! SCTV!
on 3/21/2013 6:17:01 PM
I sure hope I have the time this year to play. I'll have lots of clean underwear this time too.

VonDummpenstein

on 4/3/2013 7:06:06 PM
Oh the mystery and intrigue.. what crap will make this year's lineup? Will there be a pig title? Can BBH defend his crown or will Zerst or Johnny rise again to claim the crap throne? Or perhaps a newcomer will outplay the seasoned crap veterans.

I can hardly wait! I should have plenty of time to play which makes me super excited for this this year's tourney. I have some major representin' to do.

Billhouse
Admin

on 4/3/2013 11:30:44 PM
It's looking like the usual timeframe, 1st or 2nd week of May. Everyone let me know which works best. Hopefully we will have another great turnout. Please chime in if you plan to play or need more info. I'd post more but I'm about to do some damage to a jar of peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets and a big ass glass of milk.

simpsons99

on 4/6/2013 12:39:50 PM
I will give it another go this year!

Zerst

on 4/9/2013 4:35:39 PM
I currently do not own a computer, but i'm working on it. It might not be complete by may though, but I will do my best to get something together.

Billhouse
Admin

on 4/11/2013 5:57:30 PM
I hope you get up and running, it wouldn't be a Crapfest without our 2 time champ!

Billhouse
Admin

5th Annual Inaugural Webcasting Tournament of Champion Champions Championship!
on 4/14/2013 11:29:40 PM
When: May 6th-12th 2013
Format: STREAMING FOOL!!!
Alternate Format: None, STREAMING FOOL!!!
Those invited: STREAMING FOOLS

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Let's have another great turnout! Below are the basic rules, also more info from past tournaments can be found on this board or at http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/board,42.0.html.

The tournament will start at 12:00 am Eastern (midnight) Monday, May 6th and will conclude at 11:59 pm Eastern on Sunday, May 12th.

Anyone competing this year be sure to be registered at Aurcade.com and make sure to have your Justin.tv or UStream channel in your profile. This will assure you will be listed on the main page when your stream is live, plus allow your scores to be updated live throughout the tournament.

Rules:

Any attempts must be made while streaming. We will need to be able to clearly see your final score. All tournament attempts must be available to watch in your archives.

Make sure you are streaming before you start a game, to make sure there are no INP playbacks.

After you complete a game you will need to show the dipswitch settings for a few seconds to make sure all are playing under the same settings.

Write your scores down after you complete a game, only note them if they are higher than previous attempts. Also, note the time the game ended. Make sure the timezone is correct on your streaming channel so that the time you post a score matches up.

Make sure you are registered at Aurcade.com so you can post your scores in the forums. Also make sure your profile is updated at Aurcade with a proper email address and make sure the stream name is correct so we can use the marathon and front pages to see who's doing what.

Please send your scores with date and time achieved to : crapgames@athometech.com Then, please post scores and finish times in the appropriate topic here: http://www.aurcade.com/forums/?a=sec&id=20

I will start forum threads for each title after the list is finalized for players to post scores and times. Try to do this every couple of hrs, or when you finish a streaming session. Please do not send scores 100 times in a day, try to send the highest scores you've gained after a few hours.

The best way for us to get your scores is if you make a clip of your game. Go into your own archives and make a clip of the high-score game you want us to see. We won't have to skip through chunks of your archive and it will be saved for a while as well.

Also, Im sure noone would do this anyway, please turn in scores when you get them. No sandbagging and holding scores until the end of the tourney. Scores should be turned in within a few hours of making the score. Overnight is ok to hold scores if you're heading to bed after playing.

This year let's lay of the leeching. If anyone discovers a possible leech, please report it right away so we can make a ruling on the issue.

The game list, as always, will be announced at 11pm on May 5th (Eastern).

I have been thinking about having a few less titles this year. I think 13 total is a bit high. Most likely we will have 7-8 titles at the start of the tournament and add 2-3 mystery titles to the lineup for the final 3 days.

Any suggestions or questions, post em here.

GeorgeIV

on 4/20/2013 11:39:12 AM

Billhouse
Admin

on 4/21/2013 1:51:19 PM
That's the spirit! That's fucking hilarious!

Scoundrl

on 4/22/2013 12:20:15 AM
Intel we meat agin!

johnbart

on 4/22/2013 7:45:29 AM
For those looking for suggestions on how to setup streaming I came across some new options here:

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/streaming-faq/

Specifically "Open Broadcaster Software" is free and is supposed to be good. I haven't tried it myself so I can't give any tips.

Billhouse
Admin

Crap Tournament 5 1st Title Announcement!!!
on 4/28/2013 4:39:54 PM
We are just about one week away from the start of Super Crap Tournament IV! Like last year I have decided to announce one title early to allow a week's practice and to get you in the mood. This particular title was almost added 2 years ago, but was pulled because a few players had experience with it. This year everyone gets an extra week to mess with it before any official attempts start.

Stay tuned for the 1st title announcement tonight at 11pm Eastern and prepare to crap it up!

Billhouse
Admin

on 4/28/2013 11:05:05 PM
Alright people, time for the first title. This title is the only early-reveal title this year.

We attempted to have this as a mystery title 2 years ago. Unfortunately we found a few people had experience with it and would be unfair for everyone else to only have 72 hrs with it.

So now, available for 7 days free play before the tourney starts, Pig Out!!!

So start practicing this great title now!

Remember, even though it's practice, all attempts should be streamed. Its more fun!

Let's get it on!!!

In case you didnt catch it the title is, Pig Out.

VonDummpenstein

on 4/28/2013 11:31:32 PM
Fired it up just to configure my controls and make sure it worked. Game looks amazing!

Sweet lineup so far!

MrBumpNJump

on 4/29/2013 3:09:39 AM
I'll join in. I haven't played in a SCT before, so let me know if there is any other info you need from me

Zerst

on 4/29/2013 7:59:28 AM
Got my new PC built, just installing drivers and stuff. I had to cheap out a little on the GPU to save costs, but hopefully i should have better streaming results than the last tournament. Also, I got my annual crap tourney cold out of the way already this year, so i'll be at 100%.

VonDummpenstein

on 5/4/2013 2:05:24 AM
Zerst Wrote:
Got my new PC built, just installing drivers and stuff. I had to cheap out a little on the GPU to save costs, but hopefully i should have better streaming results than the last tournament. Also, I got my annual crap tourney cold out of the way already this year, so i'll be at 100%.

Great news!

CRAP-FESTING IMMINENT!!

GeorgeIV

on 5/4/2013 11:17:10 PM
Did a streaming test this afternoon, and learned that justintv/twitch doesn't support streaming from mobile device anymore. My computer is not fast enough to do the xsplit screencapture thing.

So I now have a ustream account and am streaming good quality video from my phone that I can view on ustream. But i cannot seem to get Aurcade to recognize my ustream channel. Anyone have any idea? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am ready and willing to crap this week, just have to get this worked out.

VonDummpenstein

on 5/5/2013 12:05:42 AM
It's possible David never added onsite UStream support.

For recording scores it obviously won't matter where you stream, so long as you clip or archive your scores. On the downside, no one will know when you're streaming unless they've signed up to be notified when your new stream goes live.

Page: of 3 PagesGo To Next PageGo To Last Page

Forums  CrapMAME Tournaments  Super Crap Tournament V! SCTV!

Recent Scores
Andrew Iwaszko
4/25/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/25/2024
Andrew Iwaszko
4/22/2024
Brandon Travis
4/22/2024
James White
4/22/2024