Not Loged In - Login Now or Create Account
Public Forums
Forums  The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot  Cram's Manufacturer's Challenge

AuthorComments: Go To First PageGo To Previous Page Page: of 3 Pages
VonDummpenstein

RE: Cram's Manufacturer's Challenge
on 6/8/2012 6:41:15 AM

And by "Law", I mean "Thunderdome".

Steve W

on 6/8/2012 8:04:25 AM

redelf

on 6/8/2012 11:14:06 AM
I was thinking about this last night. I found no good reasons for ACAM to release the list of games. It just wouldn't be in their interest, it would do more harm than good. What reason would they have to release the list to the locals....NONE!! The locals do have a better heads up of what might be in the tourney than the rest of us but it's still a guessing game. I think that ACAM has done a great job in recent years of keeping tight to the belt of what will be in the tourney. They put a lot of effort into making sure that no one knows what's going to be in the tourney. From what I've heard they keep coming up with ways to make it harder and harder to guess what will be in the event. I'm happy that they put in all the effort they do to keep things new and refreshing for the tourney. They should only be applauded and praised for the work and effort they do for us.

Thanx ACAM for doing another great job of putting on an event for the players and people that visit you.

lakeman421

on 6/8/2012 4:15:43 PM
Gaplus was actually in the Galaga Tourney last year and Mr. Do's Wild Ride was a mystery game of the day. Anyways, I'm a local and could have maybe guessed a few of the games this year. Space Encounters was wheeled in months back to be worked on, but was never on the floor. Wacko was introduced during the Pax-East party this past fall, and Kozmik Kruzr was the similar game. Space Dungeon was a new game brought from Pax, and a difficult game to play. These four games were the ones I guessed correctly, but that's still a small amount compared to what was actually in the tournament. I never would have guessed pinball was a part of the tournament along with most of these games. I think they did a great job surprising us this year, and I had a lot of fun. Whether there was any cheating or shadiness going on, it doesn't matter because it's over now. I was there when some competitors had a list testing the games out and writing down the bugs and flaws of these games to be fixed. It is an advantage of having a general idea of what could possibly be in the tournament and practice ahead of time. It may be best for the future of this tournament to not have competitors testing out the games, and not because I think they are cheating. That way no one is being questioned and losing credibility, because there are great gamers at the tournament either way. This has escalated and gone way further than it should have, so it's time to put this to rest.

The tournament was a lot of fun and I look forward to seeing everyone next year.

moneill139

on 6/8/2012 4:33:23 PM
Well put lakeman

dbh7111111

on 6/10/2012 10:42:17 PM
@moneill001 and @Rob Ross: I certainly had no prior knowledge of "thee game list". I spoke with Jason and the same goes for him. So, if either of our names is on this supposed list of 8 people that had the tournament game list, then the source of this rumor is mistaken.

One thing in particular that bothers me is that both of you claim that you don't really care but you're quick to label people as "cheaters" and other choice words. I've known Jason and Mike SP for years and I'll put their integrity and honesty well above most people I've ever met. If you ask anyone that knows me well, they will say the same about me.

moneill139

on 6/10/2012 10:45:51 PM
It was all a joke dude. Chill

Rob Ross

on 6/11/2012 11:25:45 AM
@Don

Why are you on here out of the blue wondering if you knew about the games???

Plus, where did I say that I don't care about what happened? If anything I've cared too much.

Those certain guys should be in Laconia right now playing poker during bike week...and get accused of cheating at poker. This would seem like a Swedish massage compared to what the Hells Angels would do.

And yes, from what I know, I have labelled people as cheaters. Until proven otherwise my opinion will stay unchanged. There have been faked scores and cheating in the gaming world before. For me it's not massively surprising.

I am surprised we haven't heard on here from the tournament organizers about how no players are used to test games in advance (which would give them prior knowledge) OR about how the list is kept super secret and it could not have possibly leaked.

I thought we had put this topic to bed.

ACAM
ACAM Admin

on 6/11/2012 3:51:44 PM

dbh7111111

on 6/11/2012 6:09:45 PM
Thanks for the clarification Gary. Yes, this "joke" got way out of control.

Robert

on 6/11/2012 8:12:50 PM
So there are admissions that it was a "joke", but no apology. Sad.

Rob Ross

on 6/11/2012 9:44:42 PM
No apology from me.

I never said Gary gave out the list. I did hear certain players had it.

Auric
Founder

on 6/11/2012 10:37:10 PM
In the interest of moving past this, I am closing this thread.

I drank WHAT!?! - Socrates

Go To First PageGo To Previous Page Page: of 3 Pages

Forums  The American Classic Arcade Museum at Funspot  Cram's Manufacturer's Challenge

Recent Scores
Thomas Boyer
5/4/2024
Matt Gladem
5/4/2024
Brad Bach
4/29/2024
Brandon Travis
5/3/2024
Steven Lucas
4/27/2024